14 May 2008 (modified and archived 15 May 2008)
Build an observatory somewhere in the hills around Gaziantep.
....something like this.
- This is a social project
- Encourage school children to become more interested in the sciences.
- Build a bridge between the University, Public, and the City authorities.
We have been forming relationships between:
Gaziantep Büyükşehir Belediyesi
Since initial investigations in February 2008, the current project status is:
- Created a team of 20+ people consisting of:
- Project co-ordinator,
- Scientific advisory committee,
- Industrial advisory committee,
- Schools/public relations,
- Science and education workgroup,
- Health and safety,
- Secretary, technicians, web team.
- "Gaziantep Büyük Şehir Belediyesi" is supporting for:
- Location (see maps)
- Advisory committee
- A Planetarium is being constructed in the City
(Gaziantep Municipality and Optronik)
- Currently (this week) drawing up plans for funding for "scientific equipment" (Ayda/Talat/Sadettin)
Observatory Team (so far)
How to Proceed
planning for funding for "scientific equipment" .......